Followers

Tuesday 1 May 2018

As by the sickness of the soul…


Sharing a quick card featuring a cute stamp from the Quackers set by SugarPea Designs.


I needed to make up a get well card for a male colleague and was a bit lost for ideas until I saw the current theme at Sunny Day Crafting of ducks.  It reminded me of this set of stamps in my stash, those poor duckies have been waiting very patiently to get inked up on a card.  Couldn’t go past this cute little guy with his head in the water.

Made my water from a piece of Yupo paper I had done up to look like water with Tim’s Oxides and Micro Glaze.  Love the effect!  Added in my water ripples with an embossing folder from Sheena Douglas and, for good measure, also wet embossed my sentiment for added shine and texture and so I was covered for both embossing methods over at Make My Monday.

The Paper Players are playing tic tac toe and I thought I’d join in the fun.  I’ve gone down the right hand column with my twine, bird and this being a masculine card.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear Super Fine Detail
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
My Favorite Things Die-namics ~ MTF-521 Stitched Oval Stax
Sheena Douglas Embossing Folder ~ Water Ripple
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Tempting Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress ~ Micro Glaze
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Bundled Sage, Brushed Corduroy, Carved Pumpkin, Forest Moss, Fossilized Amber, Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge & Squeezed Lemonade
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ~ Broken China, Peacock Feathers & Salty Ocean
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Intense Teal
Yupo Paper ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Ribbons & Trims etc
Blue & White Bakers Twine from stash
Challenges
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/pp391-tic-tac-toe-challenge-from-joanne.html

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What fun - your bobbing duck is adorable and I love the detail on the pond too! A cheery get well soon card that will surely be a great pick-me-up. Many thanks for joining in with my TicTacToe challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic fun design, sure to cheer the recipient up with a smile. Thank you for joining us at Make my Monday. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawe this is pretty Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily... your duck brought a smile to my face. So cute! What a perfect stamp for the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fun card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: