Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

I hope this Martian hot-rod gets at least a million miles to the gallon



Sharing a card featuring another cute stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs this time it’s Alien Invasion.


I was looking for an excuse to ink up this stamp and the current challenge at Just Us Girls of galaxy backgrounds / night sky and another nephew’s birthday were the perfect combination.  I’ve made my night sky using alcohol inks and Yupo with some white paint for stars.  Making my own background also means I can play along at Allsorts for their no patterned papers challenge.


To put my card together I’ve followed the current sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I swapped out the thin rectangle element for the curvy banner from the stamp set I used and carefully curved one of the included sentiments to fit in it.  For added definition of all my stamping I’ve gone over all the lines with clear embossing powder.  I even got my masking right this time so my alien actually looks like he’s sitting inside the space ship!

Loving these cute stamps from Gerda Steiner, they make for quick but eye-catching cards.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Extra Fine Detail Clear
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Amethyst, Gold Mixative, Pearl Mixative, Pitch Black, Sailboat Blue & Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Chipped Sapphire, Ground Espresso, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry & Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Tim Holtz Distress Cardstock ~ Watercolor
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your galaxy background turned out great using alcohol inks! Super background for that cute little martian and the planets. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a real fun creation and super background, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your night sky turned out, beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing along in our "no patterned paper" challenge at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love the background and the fun little alien! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous galaxy background and awesome layout. Hope that alien's birthday message reaches your nephew. What a cool card! Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: