Followers

Monday 11 December 2017

…made with little hands, full hearts, glitter and glue



Sharing a quick CAS card I made featuring the pretty Adornments stamp from Penny Black.


I did two designs on these watercolour paper postcards I had in my stash to give with small gifts at work.  I simply stamped the image with some Archival Ink (for the hanger and top) and two colours of distress ink.  I then used a brush and some water to ‘colour’ the baubles.  The stamps give a lovely hand painted effect that is easy even for a non-artist like me to achieve.

Over at CAS Mix Up they are giving you two free themes plus the set stamping one.  I’ve used embossing (heat) to add in my sentiment and watercolouring.

Christmas is the optional twist over at Happy Little Stampers for their watercolour challenge so I am entering my postcard there.  I’m also linking up in the anything goes challenge at CAS Watercolour as I’ve got the watercolouring and the CAS part covered.  This is actually the CAS-est thing I’ve ever done as it is literally a one-layer card, quite a scary thing for someone like me who usually mats at least twice!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Archival Ink ~ Ground Espresso
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Aged Mahogany & Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Ground Espresso
Papers
Strathmore ~ Watercolor Postcards
Stamps
Penny Black ~ 40-574 Adornments
Your Next Stamp ~ CYNS487 Very Merry Wise Men
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully watercoloured post cards, Emily. I love your pretty baubles and CAS design. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up. Hugs & Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolouring Emily!! Your ornaments are gorgeous. And such a beautiful, CAS, elegant design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shading on the Christmas ornaments! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty baubles, Emily! Shading with Aged Mahogany is so beautiful. Great holiday postcard! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful effect with the watercolouring on the baubles. Love your colour selection, thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've colored the baubles, Emily! Beautiful shading! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely watercoloring, Emily. Perfectly CAS. Thanks for playing along at HLS Watercolor Challenge for December. I enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornaments are beautiful! love the colors you used and the wonderful look of watercoloring them! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Emily! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: