Followers

Sunday 19 March 2017

…why don’t you show me the real Paris?



I’ve had a crafty weekend while the rain fell outside and this is the last card I made featuring Tim Holtz’s stamps from his Runway and Leaf Prints sets.


My inspiration comes from the current Fusion challenge where I’ve used both the sketch and the image.  I created my scene by first stamping the woman and the ‘trees’ in black ink then embossing ink covering them in clear embossing powder.  I ‘coloured’ the dress with a mix of yellow ink and embossing ink so I could also add in my clear embossing powder over the top.  Using the embossing powder meant I didn’t need to try and mask my images (particularly difficult for the thin parts of the trees) before adding in my watercolour background.  I used a Finnabair stamp for the background to help give me the grainy and splotchy effect I wanted.

Over at Craft Rocket they are looking for feminine projects, which mine certainly is, being rather chic and featuring an image of a woman.  I couldn’t resist adding a shaker element to this; it is the year of the shaker for me.  Rather than the background to the image I’ve just done the thin corner strip framing the focal element.  With all my foam tape creating my shaker I am also entering this in the current challenge at Southern Girls.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Craft Medley Cup Sequins Pailettes ~ Dazzling Metallics
Star Confetti from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Various Inks ~ Y11
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Basic Black & Daffodil Delight
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Alcohol Blending Solution, Gold Mixative & Sunshine Yellow
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Embossing, Hickory Smoke & Pumice Stone
Papers
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~Black
Royal Langnickel 160gsm Paper ~ Watercolor
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Daffodil Delight
Stamps
Prima Finnabair ~ Dirty Walls
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS273 Leaf Prints & CMS214 Runway
Challenges





Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that shaker frame! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the Fusion challenge; beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh its such an artsy card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic Thank you for sharing with Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the images you've used and how you were inspired by both the sketch and photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: