Followers

Monday 6 March 2017

…leaving no other impression than that of a well-dressed gentleman



I’m sharing a male card I’ve made featuring one of the stamps from the All Steamed Up set from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.


It’s been an age since I got my Steampunk on and when I saw it was the theme over at The Male Room I decided I’d make my card to match and finally get some ink on this fine fellow.  The fact the current theme at Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Saturday challenge is also for the boys/men was pure crafty serendipity.

To help me along with the layout and colours I’ve taken inspiration from both the sketch and photo at Fusion.  The letters are echoed in the designer paper I chose with the lovely blue and brown palette working perfectly for a Steampunk theme.  I’d planned to go with stripes of the vertical rectangular element but loved the diamond pattern too much to go past it.  I did add a second smaller rectangular element to frame my image, mostly because he was a bit small and would have got lost had I fussy cut him as planned.  The one drawback of real stamps, you can’t resize them.

I used the Beautiful Square Time Pieces stamp from Docrafts to add the pattern to the blue cardstock of the horizontal rectangular element.  I stamped it in Ingvild Bohme’s Dark Rust and then sprinkled with clear embossing powder to give a metallic effect.  Added my ubiquitous shaker element in a gear shape in a quick way by using a Jillibean Soup shaker cup.  In the end I’m not so sure I love how much it protrudes from the card, would be nice if they were only about an eighth tall.

I thought about adding in some metal gear embellies but in the end decided to leave this as is to preserve the balance between all the layers and the image.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21
Eye E29
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BV02, BV04, BV13, BV17, BV23, BV29, E23, E25, E27, E29
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ S4-386 Cogs
Embellishments
Craft Medley Sequins Pailettes ~ Dazzling Metallics
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Alcohol Blending Solution, Caramel, Mermaid, Silver Mixative & Stream
Papers
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Metallics ~ Bronze
Crafter’s Companion Neenah ~ Desert Storm
Glossy White Cardstock from stash
Maja Design Life by the Sea ~ Bottle Message & Navigate
Stamps
Docrafts ~ Beautiful Square Time Pieces
Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps ~ All Steamed Up (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous male card and I especially love your shaker element!! Thanks for joining our Kraftin Kimmie Stamps challenge this week!
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fusion of both sketch and photo! Your gentleman looks fabulous and is colored beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a very elegant chap. Love the layout, the colours and the touch of holographic goodness in the shaker cog. Sorry to be so late commenting, and thanks so much for playing along with our Steampunk challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a very smart gentleman indeed and the shaker cog is a fab addition. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: