Followers

Thursday 30 March 2017

…it’s also the reason they hate birds



I’m sharing a quick CAS card featuring a couple of Tim Holtz’s crazy creatures, one of his birds on the outside.


And a cat on the inside.


Over at Less is More they are looking for frames on your project so I decided to frame both images and sentiments on a bit of Kraft cardstock.  For some added interest I cut my frames using wonky stitched dies.  I deliberately didn’t add any other embellies as this card is headed out to a guy.

As I have two animals on my card (how awesome are Tim’s crazy critters for male cards?) I am entering it at Fairytale Challenge.  I was originally going to go just with the cat and have it and the sentiment on the front of the card but decided I wanted to play in the current Simon Says challenge so added in my bird (they want to see things with wings).  Very glad I did add it in as I really like how the colours came up against the Kraft.

Ingredients:
Copics
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Die-namics ~ MFT-839 Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax
Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies ~ 660954 Bird Crazy & 661209 Crazy Cats
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Various colours
Papers
Arches Paper ~ Watercolor
Pion Design Palette ~ Blue I
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS212 Bird Crazy & CMS251 Crazy Cats        
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Super neat and CAS cards Emily with such fantastic colouring to your images. So effective on Kraft card and thanks for playing along in our frame challenge at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These characters are so fun and the stitched frame adds a subtle finishing touch! Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Love how you used both the bird and the cat. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crazy birds and this has made such a cool, fab card! The bright colouring and use of shading are great. The Kraft background is really effective as a frame. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Emily. Those crazy creatures of Tim Holtz are always sure-fire winners. You have coloured yours beautifully and the kraft card really makes those colours glow. Love the stitched frame too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and fabulous card and I love how you've decorated the inside and outside...it looks great! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: