Followers

Sunday 27 September 2015

… the two sweetest passions known to man



Showing a tag today I’ve made playing along with Tim’s 12 Tags of 2015, this one is based on the September inspiration.


So I had none of the products needed to make the background Tim used which meant I had to improvise.  I had Specialty Stamping Paper, which is glossy, and I had Various Inks so I figured they’d do the trick.  I swirled some Various Inks on my craft sheet and then spritzed with alcohol then dragged my piece of Stamping Paper through it and heat set.  I’m reasonably happy with the result but then I am never 100% happy with this sort of background technique.  With my non-white background to my stamping I am entering my tag in the current challenge at Sweet Stampin’.

Also had to improvise on the stamps as I don’t have all that many of Tim’s…yet!  I did have some butterflies though, mixed two different sets and decided to try something a bit different and throw over some Perfect Pearls to give the butterflies a bit of sparkle.  As I have three butterflies on it I am entering it over at Addicted to Stamps for their current challenge.

Given this is for a bookmark, I took one of Tim’s stamps I had and stamped on the back of the tag and threw some Fran-tage around to give it some interest.  I picked the sentiment as it best suited a bookmark, after all you find all sorts of inspiration in books.  I also picked the Word Band I used to match my theme of inspiration and imagination, which books simply overflow with.


Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Gold Jewellery Wire from stash
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Long Fasteners, Reinforcers & Word Bands
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
BoBunny ~ Ambrosia
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. really beautiful
    thanks for paying with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous tag! I like the background you created as well. Very stylish!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love this project!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with non white card base! Thank you for sharing with Sweet Stampin', hope you can join our new challenge tomorrow.

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this turned out! I didn't have any of these supplies either, so fun to take what we have and use it up making pretty stuff! Really stretches the creative muscles, don't you think?! Love these rich colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: