Followers

Friday 20 March 2015

How did it get so late so soon?



What do you do when you realise it’s someone’s birthday today and you don’t have a card made?  Reach for your go to image (1920’s Kody from Some Odd Girl is mine for male cards), crop it and go CAS, of course!


Now because I am not so flash with layouts I did take some time out to go find a suitable layout, it saved me time in the end as it took the guesswork out for me.  The current one at CAS on Sundays worked beautifully with my image and the need to crop (no time to colour a full image) although I did layer up the background papers to add some additional weight and interest to the card.

Now this card is both CAS and for a guy so I am entering it in the current challenge at Cardz for Guyz.  I’m also entering it in Stamping Sensations’ current challenge where the theme is also a male card.  And given all my white space on this card I’m also linking it up at AAA Cards in their bare naked CAS challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E53, E55, E57, 0
Lips E11
Hair N5, N7, N9, 100
Outfit C00, C1, V20, V22, V25, W3, W5, W7
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Classic Circles
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Herbal Garden Medium & Pinecone
Ribbons & Trims etc
Fabric Tape from stash
Stamps
Some Odd Girl ~ 1920’s Kody (retired)
Challenges
 

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. A very smart and stylish card, perfect for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circles on this card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Bare Naked Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great creation for the Guys and perfect for our theme, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic design, I love how you have interpreted it. Wonderful colouring of your fabulous image. So pleased you have joined us at Cardz 4 Guyz. It's brilliant. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab use of the sketch and a great male card, perfect for the challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
    Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! A great layout and I love that stamp,

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz,

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work with the CAS card! Thank you for sharing your fabulous masculine card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great "late" card thanks for joining in at AAA--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such a great card thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great link up Thanks for joining AAA Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome coloring on the hair, that is hard for me!!!! Thanks for sharing this awesome card with us at AAA Cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: