Followers

Saturday 14 February 2015

But dying without her vain were life of mine…



The card I’m sharing features a new image from Simply B Stamps, Miller Arabian Knight, that I did up as a Valentine’s card.


To make up my card I followed the current sketch over at Feeling Sketchy.  I’m trying to keep to my resolution of using my dies more (OK for some just using them for the first time!) so swapped out the thin element for a lovely swirly heart die.  I added a plain clay heart in the centre of the die cut heart for some added interest and depth.  I did leave out the bow element as I couldn’t really think of something that would suit my image and I figured the swirly die was enough embellishment.

Over at Country View Challenges they are running a drips and drops challenge and one of the DT, Brenda of Bumblebees and Butterflies, did an awesome project up with a fab background I just loved.  So I hopped on over to her blog and used her technique of an acrylic block, Distress Ink and water to create mine.  I ended up with a bit of white space so I grabbed a Distress Stain and spritzed it over.  Brenda had a few more elements to her background but I was sure I’d bugger it all up if I tried to do any more so just stuck with this simple two steps and I must say I am very happy with the result.

As I have a couple of hearts on this I am also entering it in the current challenge over at Die Basteltanten.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E31, E37
Lips E13
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B00, B02, B04, B06, C00, E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, N0, N1, N2, 0
Sword B00, B02, B04, C0, C2, C4, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, 0
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Deckled Rectangles
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen, Iced Spruce, Salty Ocean & Tea Dye
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Licorice
Ranger ~ Speciality Stamping Paper
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Ein wundervolles Herzliches Werk
    Hab lieben Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei den Basteltanten
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stamp you used, great take on the challenge , thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that is such a cute stamp and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at FS ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love the image and the swirly die. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous make, love what you did here! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at country view crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: