Followers

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Gazed through clear dew on the tender sky



Another Wednesday and another awesome sketch over at the Outlawz, which I’ve teamed with the Stargazer Lily image from this month’s fabbie sponsor, Oak Pond Creations.


And here’s this week’s sketch:


Yep, it’s not your traditional rectangle or square but one to really challenge.  I do quite like a round card, especially as it allows me to use my Nestie dies.  I’ve used a couple on this one to do the base and then my fancy circle on top for my easel.  As I have dies on this I am entering it in the current challenge at Come and Get It.

To colour up the beautiful image I’ve used my trusty Copics so I’m also entering this at Inkspirational’s current challenge.  I had to Google stargazer lilies, as I wasn’t sure what colour they were, and I was met with a profusion of gorgeously bright pink blooms, so that’s what I’ve coloured mine.  With the bright colours of my image I am also linking up my card at Crafting When We Can.

Hopefully I’ve inspired you to come play along over at the Outlawz, this sketch would look lovely with any manner of flowers, be they gorgeous images like the Stargazer Lily from Oak Pond I’ve used, or a whole mass of paper or fabric ones.  Whatever your style, we’d love to see what you create with the sketch.

Ingredients:
Copics
G07, G28, G43, G46, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09, YG03, YG23, YG25, YR04, YR07, YR16
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Circles, Grand Decorative Circles One & Lacy Circles
Embellishments
I Am Roses ~ Small White Flower (coloured with RV02, RV06, RV09)
Prima Vines ~ Bretton Chronicle
Inks & Paints etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst ~ Cheshire Cat Cherry
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Spun Sugar & Tattered Rose
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics ~1st of May
Ribbons & Trims etc
Lace from stash
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaped card. Love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Your colouring is fabulous! Love those lilies. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful! Love the flowers & colors you used...cool shape too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Crafting When We Can & hope to see you back again tomorrow for our Doodling challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: