Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

To hear the sea-maid’s music?



My card today features a cute mermaid image from Lacy Sunshine Stamps, this is Waverly Sun Kissed Mermaid.


I’ve played along with my favourite sketch challenge over at Outlawz with this card although I have taken some creative liberties with the two rectangular elements.  I’ve swapped one out for some lovely die cut waves, I thought these suited and it meant I didn’t hide the fabulous and very appropriate lighthouse image on the designer paper I used.  For the other I’ve used some trim I found in my bottomless pit of ribbons and laces that reminded me of seaweed and sea foam.  This formed the perfect backdrop for my embellies.  It was also in just the right colour and somehow my stash of paper came good too with the right colour for the waves and the base card, love it when my stash actually holds what I need!

What could be more perfect for embellies for a card featuring a mermaid but pearls and seashells?  I’ve also added a metal anchor charm as I needed something to hang as a counterpoint to the seashells and it suited my theme too.  With my metal embellie I am entering this over at Inky Chicks for their current challenge.

As my card features a Lacy Sunshine image and I have two die cuts, the frame around Waverly and my waves, I’m also entering this in the current challenge at Lacy Sunshine.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B21, B24, 0
Lips R24
Hair E35, E37, E47, E49, Y38
Tail BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG07
Seaweed G43, G94, G99
Rocks W1, W3, W5, W7, 0
Water B000, B00, B02, B05
Chalks & Powders etc
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalk ~ Blue & White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Memory Box ~ Big Splash Border
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Large Labels
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Blossom, Peach, Sand & Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Peacock Feathers, Weathered Wood & Wild Honey
Wink of Stella ~ Clear
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
FabScraps Bead Ribbon ~ Pearl
Webster’s Pages Tutu Trim ~ Trendsetter Blue
Pearl Wire from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous. beautiful theme have you made with this card. all fits really well.
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: