Followers

Friday 2 August 2013

A Sting in the Tale

It’s challenge time over at Simply Steampunk Challenges and this month’s theme is metal.  My project features the beautiful Scorpio from the new Steampunk Zodiac collection at Simply B Stamps, drawn by the talented Abigail Larson.





























I was looking for a suitable scorpion shaped S for the tag and stumbled on the awesome Bio-Alphabet of Mechanical Insects by Carolina Veliz and, luckily for me, her S was a scorpion.  And, her work is available for use by others, you can alter it but I loved her drawing in its raw form looking like a piece of metal art, just perfect for a metal challenge project.  I also found a great mechanical parts font by an illustrator named Georgie to go with the S.

To make up my card I’ve followed the sketch at Fusion Card Challenge.  As the SSC challenge called for metal I decided I’d get creative with some of the many metal cogs and other embellies I have and make my own Steampunk scorpion – what do you think?  I know, looks more like a crab than a scorpion, I only had circle embellies to work with and really wanted to use the pocket watch and I was convinced I was doing Cancer anyway goes to show how much I know about the Zodiacs!

Hope I’ve inspired you to go through your own stash of metal embellies and make up a project, we’d love to see you over at the challenge page and remember, if you use a Simply B Stamps Steampunk stamp you’re in the running for the prize of two images from the as yet unreleased Zodiacs.

If you need any more inspiration, check out the new release in rubber of Steampunk Women these feature some of the beautiful women from previous releases at Simply B Stamps.  Heres a project I’ve done using the Bride of Frankenstein from the Steampunk Classic Collection 5.  You can find the details of this project here.




Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E11)
Lips R29, R46
Eyes E27
Hair E21, E25, E27, E29
Dress & Hat T2, T3, T4, T5, T6
Gloves & Veil Y23, Y26, Y28
Embellishments
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock – Black
DCWV Witches Brew
Powders & Finishes etc
Diamond Glaze
Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Punches
Martha Stewart Double-Edge Spiderweb
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Emily! your creativity with metal knows no bounds. Both projects are absolutley brilliant! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, these are both FANTASTIC... love your embellishments and the details...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you actually made that metal scorpion?! That's so cool! What a lot to look at in your card. Thanks so much for joining the FUSION challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Card! Looove your Metal Scorpion! Amazing work!Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful metal and fussy cutting. I love your piece. Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics this challenge.
    Susan S

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man I love these images! they are both amazingly colored! so steampunk and awesome! Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Abigail Larson's work and these steampunk images are FAB! Great job with the fussy cutting on both projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, loving both your beautiful steampunk cards. So much detail! Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are both beautiful! I love steampunk and these images are fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy antics x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous projects! Thanks for sharing your talent with Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: