Followers

Monday 24 June 2013

Through the Looking-Glass



There’s a whole foursome of Steampunk Wonderland images over at Simply B Stamps and, as I just love Alice in Wonderland, I am naturally loving these stamps.  My last post featured Wicked Little Alice and this one features her good twin, Curious Little Alice.


I tried to create a looking-glass effect with a piece of acetate, not sure it really worked.  I ran it through my Grand Calibur machine which embossed rather than cut the shape but that was fine as it meant I could create a bit of a gilded edge to my looking-glass.  Unfortunately I didn’t have the right colour Staz-On so I used both red and black and then topped it with some gold ink, I’m thinking I should have done this border out of a solid piece of cardstock and then layered that over my round piece of acetate looking-glass.  Ah, well, you live and learn!  To create the glass effect I tipped some B00 ink from my Various Refill bottle on the back of the acetate and spread it with some paper towel, it’s a bit hard to see in the picture but in life it gives the image a slightly bluish tinge.

Although the BG paper has a black base I think the gold tones along with the bright colours I’ve used on Alice give this a much lighter feel than my Wicked Little Alice and this could easily be used for a birthday card, even for a child.  Just goes to show the versatility of the images, even the Steampunk ones, over at Simply B Stamps.

In making up my card I had in mind the looking-glass effect but am not so great with the layouts so I followed a sketch at Sketch Saturday where the current challenge let you pick a sketch from a range of past sketches, I found Sketch #250 suited the look I wanted perfectly.  I also followed the recipe at Our Creative Corner to help with my embellies, I used lace and ribbon, metal and inked my looking-glass.  I’m also entering this into the Squirrel and the Fox’s Use Something Metal challenge (my metal key charm covers that) and Crafty Friend’s Use a Charm challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E11)
Lips R46, R59, R89
Eyes V12, V15, V17, 0
Hair Y11, Y23, Y26
Dress & Headband B000, B00, B02, B05
Blouse N0, N1, N2, 0
Gloves N0, N1, V91, V93, 0
Cog & Skull E13, Y23, Y26, Y28, Spica Clear
Pearls T1, T3, T5, 0, Spica Clear
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Circles
Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Decorative Circles One
Embellishments
Inks & Chalks etc
Encore! Gold
Pebbles Chalk
Staz-On Black
Staz-On Blazing Red
Papers
Ribbons & Trims
Ribbon from stash
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by :-)

6 comments:

  1. This is sweet, love the image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring and I LOVE the key embellishment! Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I LOVE the acetate frame and think it makes all the difference to this card. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner with it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and love the key charm thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox hugs Denise DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Love your image and charm!
    Thanks for playing along over at Crafty Friends!
    X Linda DT- CF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a card! I love the image and the black and gold, just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: