Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Episode XL: Scott’s Day

A fortieth birthday is an event worth celebrating and when it is for someone who is as close as a brother it is worth celebrating in style.  And what better style is there than a Simply B image?  My friend is a mad keen Star Wars for fan so I just had to use that for the theme of his card.  I tried to adapt things as much as I could although I ran out of steam on the opening line and the episode title.

So here goes with my Star Wars inspired cascade card, starting with the front.

For the second section I used a picture of the Millennium Falcon, mainly because it was the right shape.  I’ve never watched Star Wars (I know, one of the handful on people on the planet not to have!) so had no idea whose ship this was.


And finally on to the centre featuring Jedi Betty.


I made the card following a tutorial by Beccy of Beccy’s Place.  And considering the current theme at Movie Magic Monthly Challenge I’m entering this over there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E0000, E11, E21, E51, E53 (E93 cheeks, R46, r59 lips)
Eyes E23, E25, E27, 0
Hair E40, E42, E44, E47, E49
Dress & boots C00, C1, C3, C5, 0, Spica Silver
Light saber B000, B00, B02, 0
Millennium Falcon W00, W1, W3, W5
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Curved Matting Basics
Paper
Creative Memories Happy Holidays cardstock sampler
DCWV Stardust mat stack
Black cardstock
Stamps
Simply B Stamps’ Jedi Betty (retired)
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts :-)

4 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Movie Magic Monthly!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is awesome! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at Movie Magic Monthly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is just amazing & perfect for our challenge at Movie Magioc Monthly! Thanks for joining us and hope to see you for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: