Followers

Saturday 20 October 2012

Many thanks




I discovered ATCs only very recently and thought they would make great little thank you cards so I bought some sticky back canvas ones and some plain ones.  Little did I realise just how soon and how many thank you cards I’d have to make!  My friends and colleagues were ever so nice this year for my birthday and I was spoiled with lunches and dinners and gifts which called for some crafting to say a big ‘thank you’.


To make it easier for myself I made these in pairs using a particular embellishment type or theme for each pair.  I didn't have too many different ‘thank you’ sentiment stamps so I reused the ones I had, they were all from either CTMH or Stampin’ Up.

This first set uses some wooden embellishments I had in my stash and were coloured with Smooch, I added Smooch Glitz to the icing on the cupcake and a rhinestone to the bird for an eye.  For the cupcake I mixed and matched a sentiment from a CTMH set with one from SOG.  I am the world’s worst stamper so the sentiment on the bird card didn’t come out so great but I didn’t want to waste the Nestie I’d cut out.  I shadowed the sentiment with a black pen but you can hardly see the little birds at all.  You’ll see below my stamping doesn’t get any better!


The next pair uses some paper embellishments that came layered with a rhinestone centre and I added some lace ones underneath.  I used Nestabilities for the tags on both, although I cut off the ends on the blue card as it was a ribbon tag and the rest wouldn’t fit.  I inked the brown label, I think it was maybe a bit too dark although you can still see the sentiment but I did have to use my darkest green ink pad for it! 



On this pair I used some metal embellishments that came in the Jillibean Soup box I bought a little while back.  See my great stamping with the same ‘how tweet of you’ stamp although at least this time you can see the little birdies!  The label is another Nestie, I think I should have cut the sentiment on the other and lifted it off the background but it was too late after I stamped it, especially as it’s in black.


 

This pair uses some digi Steampunk paper I got from Tiddly Inks that I printed on some plain white cardstock.  The spinners, gears and the leaf are from Tim Holtz and the flower is a sticker from Jolee’s Steampunk range, which I love.  I made the ‘Thanks’ tag from the same picture on the digi paper, I just shrunk it a bit and fussy cut it.  The ‘Thank You’ is in a chain border clip art and I just cut round the shape, after using Photoshop to distort it to the dimensions I needed and adding some bronze colour to it.




Paper flowers were the next lot of embellies I used, layering various sized ones for dimension.  I recently bought a set of chalks so I took the opportunity to open the packet and try them out.  They weren’t what I was expecting, I imagined chalk like when I was a kid that was all dusty but instead they were more like eyeshadow.  Not sure if I will ever be a mad chalker but I like them for flowers.  I spritzed them with some Smooch Spritz to add some sparkle and added gold Candi centres.  I thought the sentiment needed some pop (again maybe I should have used a label) so I added some acrylic flowers. 






Finally I used some crochet flowers for a pair of elegant blue cards.  I inked the first set and used a Nestie for the label with some rhinestones for sparkle.  On the second I left the flowers plain and added pearls.  I used a ribbon tag with some ribbon to sit the tag on.  I didn’t have any dies small enough to cut the right shape so I just cut it by hand, hence the slightly wonky shape.  I used the White Picket Fences distress marker to ink the sentiment, it didn’t work perfectly direct on the stamp but there was enough ink on the paper for me to go over with the pen, although not perfectly when you compare it to the proper stamp.




Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth - I love all your ATCs, they are fun to make and addicting! What a clever way to make up so many thank you cards. I love the swirly cupcake frosting. Don't give up on the stamping, we all goof up a bit now and then. I stamp first then cut out if I am using a nestie that way if I make a boo-boo I just stamp again. But you did a great job touching up your stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: